25 Random Facts About Me
- I am a certified crocodile hunter. No, I’ve never killed one, but I know how to capture one. It’s really not as hard as it looks.
- On December 9, 2004, I was supposed to get married to a beautiful young woman named Angelica. But three days before the wedding, she just…vanished. I never heard from her again. I don’t know whether she decided to bolt or if something tragic happened to her. I’m all over her now, but that thought still haunts me to this very day. Okay, maybe just a little.
- At the age of 8, I inadvertently saved a man’s life when I accidentally lobbed a baseball into a man’s chest in Griffith Park. I felt real bad about it until my parents told me years later that he was having a heart attack and the strike from the baseball likely unclogged his arteries.
- I was a finalist for the 1982 California State Spelling Bee but an unfortunate bout with the chicken pox that week caused me to miss the final rounds and drop out of the competition. Damn.
- I have two godsons and one goddaughter. One of my godsons is a tailback for the Michigan State Spartans. Way to go, Eddie!
- While waiting for a bank of elevators, I have the uncanny ability to predict when the next elevator cab arrives without any sort of visual reference.
- As an infant, after a convulsive reaction to an immunization shot, I was dead – for five minutes. I obviously survived that incident.
- I have a fear of dragons. Chinese New Year makes me feel uneasy.
- My favorite English word: “perturb.”
- I never tell people this, but in high school, I was on the archery team. Even though my high school never had an archery team.
- I like to put gummi bears in my coffee.
- Guilty pleasure 80s movie: “Robot Jox.”
- I can actually hear dog whistles. Really faintly, though.
- My favorite part-time job ever: Junkyard car compactor guy.
- I am allergic to donuts.
- When I was younger, I used to harbor a deep hatred towards Canadians. But I have since learned to be more accepting of their ways.
- Though I grew up as the “first-born” in my family, I am actually the second-born in a set of twins. But my parents, who were very poor at the time, gave up my fraternal twin sister for adoption. When our family’s financial situation improved, we began a search for my twin sister, but unfortunately, after all these years, we’ve come up empty so far. 🙁
- My favorite Spanish word: “molcajete.”
- My favorite pet as a child: A goldfish named “Horsie.”
- Many people know me as a singer, keyboard player or bassist, but my main instrument is the crystal glasses.
- Worst childhood memory: Walking home from school and being attacked by bullies throwing grapefruit at me. Despite that ordeal, it never affected my ability to eat grapefruit.
- Celebrity enocounter: I met veteran TV news anchor Walter Cronkite and asked him an important question. His response, “Sorry, I don’t think I can find your sister, but I wish your family the best of luck.”
- I collecting hotel key cards.
- When people ask me what’s the best song I ever wrote, I tend to evade the subject. The reason why is because someone plagiarized it…and I failed to copyright the damn thing. I feel sooooo stupid about that. And no I won’t tell you what song it is and who plagarized it.
- If you’ve read this far, congratulations! And I’ll take this opportunity to let you know that NONE of the above facts about me is true! I made all that crap up! Bahahahahahhh…Okay, okay one of them is true. But I won’t tell you which one. Hope you’re amused. Thanks for reading!
So whatcha think?